I’m back with more Valentine’s Day content and this time I have a home decor idea. If you’re like me and love decorating your home for any occasion then you’ll love this Valentine’s Day Bar Cart idea. It’s a fun and cute way to add some colour and joy to your home 🙂
Start with a bar cart you already have and if you don’t have one you can use a plant stand, book rack or any other stand. I got my bar cart 2 years ago from Linen Chest and I’ve linked it and all the items I used at the bottom of this post.
A bar cart typically has two levels so I decided to add some champagne glasses and a bottle of rose sparkling wine for the top layer. I added some cupcake topper harts to my champagne glasses for some extra Valentine’s Day flare. I also added some red roses, flowers are always a nice touch. If you don’t like red you can always go with white or pink roses or any other flower of your choice.
For the bottom level of my cart I added some heart shaped dishes I picked up and filled them with some Valentine’s Day chocolates. Heart shaped chocolates and candies can be found almost anywhere this time of year and they’re a cute treat for your guests or significant other. You can also try adding some cinnamon hearts.
I found some Valentine’s day decorations like a light up love sign and some heart garlands at a party store but you can find these on amazon or at your local dollar store. I’ve linked my bar cart and decorations below. I’ve also got more Valentine’s Day decor ideas and items on my Amazon Store.
It’s almost mid February, which means Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. This year Valentine’s Day falls on a week day, Thursday so most of us will be at work during the day. I find it’s a bit of a challenge to be festive and keep things professional at work so I was thrilled when I found this Valentine’s Day outfit that’s perfect for work.
I found this great dotted ruffle dress at Suzy Shier. I love the look of this dress. The red in the print gives it a festive feel without being too over powering. I wanted to accentuate the red in this dress for a Valentine’s Day look so I accessorized by adding a pair of red pumps and a satchel purse. Alternatively I also paired this dress with a red wrap coat that I picked up at Suzy.
What I love about this dress is that it’s a practical and versatile addition to my work wardrobe as opposed to a novelty item. You can also dress this piece up or down. I was going for a more work appropriate look but you could wear this dress to after work cocktails or even with a jean jacket in the Spring. I also like that this dress has a DVF inspired look to it.
Are you planning on wearing red to work this Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and here are a few items that are on my Vday Wish list 😉
1. Something in red – This cute jumpsuit is the perfect for a Valentine’s Day date. It’s also a nice alternative to a red dress and provides a bit more coverage if you live in a colder climate like I do 🙂
2. Perfume – I love Dior perfumes. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet is a light romantic scent perfect for Valentine’s Day.
3. Champagne truffles – Champagne and truffles are great on their own but even better together, and who doesn’t love candy?!
4. Heart purse – This adorable heart shaped purse from Kate Spade is the perfect accessory for Valentine’s Day. It’s also a great way to add a pop of colour to an outfit.
5. Red strappy sandals – I’m a shoe-a-holic and I’ll readily admit it. I simply love these red heels and the bow detail.
6. Tiffany bracelet – What girl doesn’t love something that comes in a little blue bag? This Tiffany heart bracelet is one of my ultimate favourites
7. Champagne – No special occasion is complete without a little bubbly! This rosé champagne from Moët et Chandon is made for Valentine’s Day 🙂