It’s my birthday!I turned 32 today so I’ve added a few items to bring this list to 32 things you probably didn’t know about me. How many of them did you know?
1. I’m an only child – it’s true I have no siblings, I never wanted a sister but I always wanted an older brother.
2. I was all about that bass before Meghan Trainer made it cool – I started playing bass guitar in middle school and played it all the way through high school. I still own 2 bass guitars and I can play the stand up bass as well.
3. I have a pen pal and she lives in Paris (Hope you’re reading this Maheshi :))
4. I live in Canada but I am not a hockey fan – could never get in to it.
5. I speak French and was in French Immersion from middle school all the way through high school.
6. I never travel light- I like to have a lot of clothing options so I usually bring many different outfits on my travels.
7. I’m a shoe-a-holic and have 3 dressers full of shoes. Don’t ask me how many pairs I have I’ve lost count!
8. I love karaoke and even have a karaoke app on my phone.
9. I’m over 25 and still getting ID’d at the LCBO – sad but true and I’m trying to look at it as a compliment.
10. I’m a huge Elvis Presley fan and I’d love to visit Graceland some day.
11. I was born in Colombo, Sri Lanka and moved to Canada twice – once when I was 5 and permanently when I was 8.
12. I’m a published author – you can find my book Cocktails & Conversations: a guide to networking on Chapters.ca
13. Baking is one of my hobbies (aside from blogging of course) and I love making desserts for friends and family.
14.I don’t have a favourite TV show. I rarely have time to watch TV so it’s hard for me to commit to watching a show every week.
15.I’m a professor at a local college.
16. My hair is naturally wavy not straight.
17. My first pet was a Pomeranian named Toshi, I now have a Yorkie named Chloe.
18. I’m a huge trivia geek, pick me if you’re looking for a trivia team member!
19. I’d love to be a stay at home mom some day, I think it’s really important to take time out for your family especially your children.
20. I ran my own consulting business for 5 years.
21. My first job was a junior camp counselor at a day camp for toddlers; I was 15 so I got paid $50 a week!
22. My favourite colour was and still is pink.
23. I like investing and looking for new ways to save money and grow my investments.
24. I’m a morning person. I start work at 7:30 so I’m up early during the week.
25. My least favourite candy is licorice – never liked it and cannot stand it.
26. Aside from Sri Lankan food my favourite cuisine is Italian 🙂 I went to Italy for the 2nd time last summer and loved everything I ate there.
27. I don’t drink beer- I enjoy the occasional glass of wine but I never liked beer.
28. I’ve never actually finished a poutine, I’m not a huge fan.
29. I don’t have any tattoos and don’t intend on getting any.
30. I’m probably one of the few people who cannot whistle, just can’t do it.
31. I love doing impressions and my best friend thinks I’d be a great comedienne.
32. I’m a total camera ham – if you know me personally I’ve probably asked you to take my picture 😉